Any Boost Regrets?

I know that this is a RW user group, but I would imagine that some users may have switched a RW account over to Boost Infinite. I did back in December, during the beta launch. I locked into the Early Access Benefits that ended for new sign-ups in April. The issues during the beta were all minor. Don’t know if I will use the international calling, but I might roam in Mexico. So far, I have no regrets about the switch.

Anyone else have a similar or dissimilar experience.? I think I will be with Boost Infinite long term. Glad that I switched when I did If you switch now, you can still lock in the $25/mo. rate…

I tried Boost for a couple months, but it didn’t meet my needs since the data was deprioritized. Like with Republic Wireless, I couldn’t even stream audio during normal business hours. I’m sure it works fine for a lot of folks. It just doesn’t work for me in my home area.

1 Like

@cbwahlstrom said: Like with Republic Wireless, I couldn’t even stream audio during normal business hours. I’m sure it works fine for a lot of folks. It just doesn’t work for me in my home area.

Yes, my data slows during business hours, too. I just tested my stream during business hours now, and I was getting about twice the speed of my low-priced, landline internet. Much less than I was getting late last night, but I can live with that.

So you don’t have Boost Infinite nor RW anymore? Just curious as to how well RW is hanging on to customers.

I still have a Republic Wireless line that I seldom use. As far as how they’re hanging on to customers, I’d say not very well. The Republic Wireless subreddit is very quiet these days, and I seldom see them mentioned on other social media.

I have no regrets because I’ve not signed up (and have no current plans to do so) for Boost (Infinite or Mobile). I do have a couple of questions regarding Boost Infinite.

1. It appears one pays for the first 30-days up front at purchase. Do I understand correctly?
  2. If I do understand correctly, is the next billing 30 days or 60 days later?

Hi Rolandh.

Good questions!

My Boost Infinite service started on 12/14/22. My first bill (payment) date was 12/29/22. The second bill date was on 1/29/23.

a_j

Did you pay up front for the plan when signing up? If so, and you’ve been paying every 30 days thereafter, I don’r see how that qualifies as postpaid.

No, I did not pay anything in advance. BI shipped the sim card by UPS, at no charge.

OK but that still doesn’t explain why you were billed 15 days after first activating rather than 30?

I agree, that confused me as well. In a sense, with BI, you do end up paying 15 days in advance.

That appears to be the case, so not entirely prepaid but not exactly postpaid either.

Yes. I guess you could call it a hybrid.

But; DISH/Boost Infinite doesn’t. They call it “postpaid”. :disappointed:

Yes, it’s not truly postpaid. I have a friend with a poor credit score, and I was surprised when he passed the soft credit check. I guess BI is not that picky since they are only providing credit for two weeks of service.

Was your first bill prorated? I’ve seen a number of postpaid carriers with a singular billing date lately. A customer who starts service prior to that singular date pays a prorated bill on the billing date.

No, all of my bills were either $25.85 or $25.86. No proration.

I checked my friend’s account, and his billing period started on 4/28/2023, and his first payment date was 5/13/2023, for $26.57. He lives in a different area.

It sounds like you and your friend were billed for a full month of service on your first payment rather than having it prorated. That’s a little unethical but not unheard of in other consumer services.

@old_engineer said:
It sounds like you and your friend were billed for a full month of service on your first payment rather than having it prorated. That’s a little unethical but not unheard of in other consumer services.

Yes, apparently the service is not fully postpaid. I have never had postpaid wireless phone service before, so that really does not bother me much. In the BI website FAQ section, they pose the question, “How is Boost Infinite different from Boost Mobile?” Interesting that they make no mention of BM being prepaid and BI being postpaid in the answer to the question.

In a sign that they may be blurring the lines. postpaid BI shows up at a prepaid BM store in Colorado: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/boost-infinite-shows-boost-mobile-store