Boost Infinite Has an Amazon Store

31 total reviews for an item that is a #1 best seller seems low. On the other hand; the #1 best seller in Cell Phone SIM Cards is only #1,277 in Cell Phones and & Accessories, which suggests Amazon sells a lot more cell phone related hardware than SIM cards.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 9.21.11 AM

I wonder just how many folks shop for SIM cards at Amazon as opposed to buying directly from the provider?

The general rule of thumb is that 1-2% of Amazon purchasers will submit a review for their purchase. Going by that, Mint would have sold somewhere in the range of 350,000 to 750,000 SIM cards on Amazon over a period of 5-6 years.

To put that into some perspective, T-Mobile added 760,000 postpaid subscribers in Q2 2023 alone.

If one accepts the upper estimate of Mint having sold 750,000 SIMs in five years and presuming all of those were activated; it’s hard to see how Boost Infinite selling SIMs on Amazon will make DISH/Boost Infinite a legitimate 4th national carrier.

Perhaps, those who insist Boost infinite needs its own retail presence (stores) have a point? Stores are expensive. DISH could (and is in a small way) repurpose Boost Mobile stores (all of which are franchises - none are company owned) but many if not most Boost Mobile stores are in areas one will not find large numbers of credit qualified prospects shopping for postpaid service.

1 Like

These seems to be an…odd partnership. I can’t see Amazon as getting much value out of this.

They’ve moved up to 3.4 stars with 106 reviews, but they’ve slipped to the #2 best seller in Cell Phone SIM Cards behind Mint.

Yes, BI has improved in the Amazon reviews. But, I guess you can’t trust, Trustpilot. Nearly every review on their site for BI is “one star.”

Trustpilot is a recognized reliable review site. Both Republic Wireless and Ting Mobile use it and historically received positive reviews there:

More recent reviews (the past 12 months) at Trustpilot for Republic Wireless and Ting Mobile are not so good:

Republic Wireless

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 2.23.51 PM

Ting Mobile:

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 2.27.19 PM

Just because Boost Infinite also gets lousy reviews (there are only 14 total reviews of Boost Infinite) doesn’t, in and of itself, make Trustpilot untrustworthy.

What’s the common denominator in those lousy reviews? DISH!

A couple of competitors reviewed in this Community do quite well on Trustpilot:

Perhaps, Boost Infinite and DISH Wireless just need to do a better job for their customers?

I see your point.

It could be that BI pairing up new Amazon customers with a “Boost Buddy” to do activation over the phone resulted in higher satisfaction than those who just ordered a regular SIM from the BI website.

Or, it might just be an average based on 106 reviews is more representative than an average of 14 reviews. And, so far, that’s what Boost Infinite’s reputation in the market seems to be (decidedly average). It’s not like 3.4 stars out of 5 at Amazon is stellar.

Yes, unfortunately, BI will probably never have the stellar ratings that were given to the old RW by Consumer Reports.

1 Like

Boost Infinite has slipped to the Amazon #5 best seller in Cell Phone SIM Cards behind Mint, Tello, US Mobile, and a $5 Prepaid Smart Watch SIM Card.

But; they are a #1 New Release! :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that tag appeared when they slipped to the #2 best seller.

A generally reliable source on X/Twitter is reporting plans to sell Boost Infinite service at a subset of Boost Mobile stores have been called off due to “soft” sales of Boost Infinite at a single pilot Boost Mobile store in Colorado.

So; where will Boost Infinite be sold other than their website? Oh, I almost forgot the “partnership” with Amazon Prime. Boost Infinite is currently ranked fifth in SIM card sales on Amazon behind Mint, US Mobile, Tello and a no name $5 prepaid SIM intended for use in smartwatches.

No worries. @BoostKelly and his 582 Twitter followers are here (well, not HERE…but on Twitter) to save the day.

Checked today, and Boost Infinite has slipped to the Amazon #12 best seller in Cell Phone SIM Cards. Oops. The job of Manager - Amazon Marketing is still available:
https://jobs.dish.com/jobs/80754?lang=en-us

1 Like

Well, there’s no longer a $5 savings. The SIM card is now $25 with the first month included.

1 Like

Hey, they’re currently #30 on Amazon’s list of best sellers in cell phone SIM cards:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 9.22.33 AM

That “partnership” is really taking off! :laughing: