Mobi Is In the News

I’ve had a line of service with Mobi since November of 2020. The beta language on the website goes back, at least, that far. Mobi is a relatively small service provider. I believe continued use of the beta language is about Mobi managing growth and focusing on its main market, which is Hawaii. Mobi started as Hawaii’s homegrown mobile service provider.

If something is lacking at Mobi, it is self-help tools. Some things one can or could do with RW’s portal require support assistance with Mobi. On the other hand, Mobi’s support is top-shelf. You might want to check out my review of Mobi here. For the sake of clarity, the review covers Mobi’s now legacy Verizon based service (in perpetual beta since, at least, November of 2020).

It’s not entirely clear Mobi’s newly announced service is yet available to the public. If considering moving otherwise working RW service to Mobi’s new service, it might be best to wait a bit longer. If interested in Mobi’s now legacy Verizon based service, I see no need to wait.

Bottom line; I wouldn’t be concerned about the beta language on Mobi’s website.

@NancyM; in answering your direct question, you don’t need to do anything other than use the service as you would use any mobile service. There was no waiting for a spot to open when I signed up nor has anyone to whom I’ve since suggested Mobi waited for a spot (that I’m aware of).