Welcome! Why we're here and our guidelines

I’m very glad you found us @rosedoodle!

2 Likes

I went to visit the old RW forum a couple of days ago, and could not find it. I called RW support and they said they had turned it off in mid November. I looked at a Reddit RW forum, then came across this new forum, so I am glad everyone is over here!
Thanks to SouthPaw and everyone else that was involved in getting this forum going!

1 Like

Hi @muerte33,

It’s early and we are currently a small group but you are among friends here. Welcome!

1 Like

I bumbled into RW way back in the day. I got into the beta testing program. I wound up posting lots of things in the forums at the time, got into the Ambassador program for a few years. Then life happened and I went into the background. Wound up switching my primary line to T-Mobile, due to needing Canada roaming, held on to RW as the extra line was handy for service holes in T-Mobile. Later I switched to Mint for the savings. Came back to the forums in low gear for a while, then watched the Dishsaster happen.

Fed comments into the new forums, then switched over to the RW 5.0 Everywhere You Go plan as my Ambassador credit covered that and I get decent data roaming in Canada (in theory, haven’t made Canada work yet on RW, Mint took some tweaking, but it works in a limited fashion).

Then one day, I’m jumping to my RW Forums tab to see if a post I had made two days previously about Canada had helped someone, and I got an error. It took a week before I thought to click the Community link and get the message that the forums had been shut down.

I had been considering finding out if any of my contact records for @southpaw were still valid when I get a note from her about this new forum. So now I lurk around here and throw in my 3.5 cents worth (adjusted for inflation) on various subjects.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

So very amazing that y’all have started this forum. Because of the advocacy of @southpaw and @rolandh, along with the advice of many others, we’ve been making “Everything You Need” actually work at $30 for two lines still. One billing cycle at a time, keeping my head down, holding my breath, changing nothing! Thank you!!

1 Like

A hearty THANKS to those who have taken the time to rebuild after RW pulled the plug on the original community forum. I didn’t post much, but always found it to be entertaining and informative. We are still customers of RW, mainly to stay with the ATT network (some of our grown kids live in areas which are not well served by some of the other cell providers), and happened to find this forum referenced on Reddit. We appreciate the input and experience of so many.

1 Like

(apologies for the multiple entries. There are probably pretty good reasons why I don’t post much… :D)

2 Likes

Hi @herbie and welcome!

I’ve cleaned up the duplicate posts. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @herbie! Thanks for joining us and for sharing your kind words about the old Community!

1 Like

Howdy, seems I am very late to this party. Stumbled upon this while researching the upcoming Republic Wireless migration. Cheers to everyone involved.

6 Likes

Hi @burusutazu, I’m glad you’ve found us! We’re not focused entirely on Republic Wireless here, so feel free to share some of your technology wisdom! I’d love to learn more about using Linux, for example.

4 Likes

Another latecomer here. I hadn’t realized this forum existed for so long. Thank you to those who started it! I’m glad to see a lot of familiar names! Very reassuring!

5 Likes

Hi @JaY, we’re glad you’ve joined us!

Ive been with RW since at least 2014 (whenever moto maker launched). I don’t recall what username I used in the forum, but many of the usernames here are familiar. You helped me GREATLY by reading solutions and updates you wrote to others. If you were a helper, you know who you are, THANK YOU.

4 Likes