Calling Google Voice Users

I am able to call out using the GV app when “Use carrier only” is selected with Mobi’s SIM.

I am unable to call out using the GV app when “Use carrier only” is selected for Making and receiving calls with both an RW 5.0 and My Choice SIM.

I am able to call out using the GV app when “Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data” is selected for Making and receiving calls regardless of SIM.

Is anyone else able to duplicate?

Sorry, I converted my Google Voice number to a Google Fi number. I no longer have the means to test.

I can confirm your findings but I do have to note that I am calling from home where I have scant cellular coverage.

I got something interesting. In my testing for outbound calls:

“Use carrier only”

• Using the green FAB / dial pad did not work.
  • But, using the call button via the recent calls list or by searching the contact worked.

“Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data” worked.

Pixel 6a, RW 5 sim. Connected to wifi, Low but usable cell coverage. Wifi calling off.

When I try to make a call in the Google Voice app with “Use carrier only” on a 5.0 SIM card with WiFi enabled, I see “Calling via Google Voice” and “please wait” which never resolves.

If I place the same call with WiFi turned off and 4G LTE showing, the call goes through.

Thank you all for testing! It hadn’t occurred to me the behavior might be different on WiFi. I circled back this morning intending to test with WiFi turned off. Before doing so, I tried again with WiFi connected. It worked as I expected it would and not as it did a few days ago. :confounded: