MobileX (Now Out of) Beta

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing your experiences with it. I currently have my son’s line on a Ting flex plan. It’s boringly reliable and cost effective, but I may need to look at something else when he starts using more data (although since his phone auto connects to the ample Xfinity hotpots in my area that day may not come soon).

Ting Mobile has benefitted from a sort of benign corporate neglect from DISH. How long that continues is anyone’s guess. I still have a Ting account (no active lines). Ting was marketing to me as recently as February of this year. Since then, nothing.

Sadly, DISH didn’t see fit to treat the RW brand with similar benign neglect. :disappointed: Of note, the RW by DISH store is down to selling 4 phones (yes 4 phones). I don’t see how you market a mobile phone service to anyone selling 4 phones. It appears, the grand experiment of using the RW brand as a means of retaining DISH pay-TV subscribers has failed (what a shock).

To me, it looks like DISH is moving on to its next great hope (Boost Infinite). Time will tell how that goes. Meanwhile, I expect the RW and Ting Mobile brands will soldier on zombie-like with no meaningful continued investment from DISH. Whether or when one or both might be eventually shut down I see no point in speculating on.

I’ll continue to use RW by DISH for as long as it suits my purposes, however, I’ll keep the lifeboats handy. :wink: