Boost Infinite

I was with Republic Wireless for years, but was not fully happy with my plan. I was getting only 1gig of data for $20, plus $4.10 of taxes and fees. I have a friend who I switched to RW, and he was getting 2 gigs a month. However, at one point, he ran out of data while using Google Maps, and got very upset, so I suggested that he switch to the unlimited plan for $29.99. I found out that his taxes and fees for that plan were only 83 cents…

I was going to switch to his plan, and then Boost Infinite opened up their unlimited beta service for $25/mo., plus taxes and fees. And that just made so much more sense. It turns out that the taxes and fees are only 85 cents. So I am getting a whole lot more for just $1.75 more per month. That includes 30 gigs of high-speed data.

Either way, I would have ended up on the AT&T network. I found out after traveling around that AT&T coverage is good in my area. I had tried Mint Mobile earlier, but their no-roaming, T-Mobile network had dead spots.

I must say that the Boost Infinite customer service is good. I mistook my account pin for my port-out pin and that caused an error. When I called in, the rep put me on a three-way call with RW customer service to get the port-out pin, so I wouldn’t need to call back.

The only “beta” issue I am having with Boost is the data usage meter. It is stuck at zero. I am not the only one with that issue. I can still use my phone’s usage meter to keep track.

If I buy a new, compatible phone, I will eventually have access to the Dish Wireless all 5G network also. I feel like I made the right choice, but I will miss the old RW.

I feel like I made the right choice, but I will miss the old RW.

Let’s face it the old RW is gone. One need not continue to do business with RW by DISH to participate here. We hope you and others who’ve signed up will actively participate whether you continue to do business with RW by DISH or not. This Community is not sponsored by any corporate entity. It is about carrying on with the best of what made the old RW Community a place worth hanging out.

2 Likes

Thanks roland! I look forward to reading your posts as well as southpaw’s and others. Even though I am not with RW anymore, my friend still is, and I still remain curious about the future of RW.

I especially like the “Reviews” section of this discussion group.

DISH is their own worst enemy. They create a “flagship” postpaid service using the same flanker brand as prepaid Boost Mobile. But, seemingly, there is zero coordination between the two: Boost Mobile doesn’t want me porting over to Boost Infinite as Boost Infinite has gone under. And, the prepaid side of the house is apparently telling customers the postpaid side has closed.

@rolandh said:
And, the prepaid side of the house is apparently telling customers the postpaid side has closed.
That’s not good. It tells me that there is no quality control on the Boost Mobile side if the reps are able to get away with saying that. They are probably trying to meet a quota or make a commission.

I read a good analogy. It’s like Dish is trying to create a brand like Nordstrom, but they name it after a bargain basement store like KMart.

I’m waiting for them to launch Boost Infinite Platinum, Boost Infinite+, Boost Infinity and Beyond, or some other such nonsense.

I read a good analogy. It’s like Dish is trying to create a brand like Nordstrom, but they name it after a bargain basement store like KMart.

Doesn’t this call into question their competence? And, isn’t the question of competence at the heart of DISH’s “stewardship” of the RW brand.

As one of RW’s apparently final group of Community Ambassadors, I had the privilege of working with multiple members of the day-to day team DISH brought in to manage the RW brand. Generally, I found them to be capable and wanting to do right by members both legacy members and those they hoped to attract to the brand.

So, what went wrong? As I see it, DISH corporate is what went wrong. Yet, still there are signs DISH corporate has failed to learn from its repeated mistakes. I think the DOJ and FCC got bamboozled. They allowed Sprint (which had it own challenges but had wireless industry experience) to be merged into T-Mobile then set up a bunch of amateurs (DISH) to attempt to become the new 4th national carrier. It’s a shame because more not less competition is needed among the facilities based carriers particularly at the national level.

1 Like

Thanks for the review @a_j! Please let us know what you think as the beta progresses, and if Boost Infinite offers a referal program, we’d be glad to feature you in our referral topic.

this review has become spectacularly relevant to everyone still on RW plans…
anything you might update us on @a_j ?

Hi @bitflung ,

Thanks for reading my review. There have been a couple of changes since I composed that review.

They have fixed the data usage meter in the BI app. It originally was very “glitchy.” Also, BI stopped offering the Early Access benefits to new customers. Those benefits included 5 GB of hotspot data. Now, if you want hotspot it is an additional $10/mo. (But that does include all 30 GB of your allotment.)

The AT&T coverage/access has continued to be very good in my area. According to a coverage map I found that lists the Big 3 carriers, Verizon is slightly better. If I had to make the switch now, I think I might try mobileX. It is an MVNO that uses the Verizon network and their plans are very customizable. It sounds great for someone who does not need 30 GB of data per month, but they do have a 30 GB plan, just in case. MobileX does not have a telephone number for support; you have to get help through their app on your phone, or by email. So, you do give up something to save money.

1 Like