Subaru clock and Android 14 (or maybe Pixel) not compatible

I originally posted here, but as this isn’t really a “feature”, I thought I’d create a new topic rather than completely hijack @rolandh’s topic.

I have a 2019 Subaru Forester which I enjoy. It has been a good car.

I recently received a Pixel 8 Pro courtesy of my employer.

When Daylight Savings Time ended, my car’s clock did not self-update. I have no memory of ever changing the time on it before, so I dug out the manual to see what I needed to do.

I learned that the clock is supposed to update when paired to a phone. My phone and car stay paired, so it’s curious that it’s wrong. In fact it’s not just an hour wrong, it’s an annoying 59 minutes wrong.

Here’s what I’ve tried to no avail, based on various Google search results:

• Set the clock manually, then switch back to automatic setting to let it re-sync with the phone.
  • Unpair/re-pair the phone
  • Download the phone’s contacts to the car
  • Make sure Android Auto has all permissions granted
  • Make sure the My Subaru app is installed and signed in
  • Change the phone’s Bluetooth AVRCP Version from the default 1.5 to 1.4 and reboot the phone before re-pairing with the car

No luck. Finally, I took an older Motorola phone out to the car and paired it. The clock synced to the correct time immediately. Now let’s just hope it sticks when I’m actually driving with only my Pixel on board.

I didn’t post this in the Help Me category because I’m very interested to know if other car owners of any brand are experiencing this problem with an Android 14 phone or Pixel 8 series phone, but if the time resets to the incorrect time, I’ll try any suggestions you’ve got.