Unable to unlock RW 5.0 Moto G Pure

Hello

Ported out to Mobi and cannot get my phone unlocked.
Tried numerous times with RW to no avail, when the unlock or dismiss option come up with the new SIM, the unlock option does not work but the dismiss option does work, RW does not have a solution for this.
Motorola says that it has to be unlocked in RW’s system and RW say’s not.
Tried a factory reset with no luck.

I will continue to try RW , I did buy this phone from RW, 5.0 .

Maybe someone has come across this experience before and has a solution.

I’m also on my second SIM from Mobi with the same unsuccessful results.

Thanks

Jamie

1 Like

Good Morning @jkgto and welcome!

Sorry to hear of the difficulties.

No matter how many SIMs they might send, neither Mobi or any provider other than Republic Wireless by DISH can unlock your phone. Phones locked to a service provider may only be carrier unlocked by that service provider.

When a carrier locked Motorola phone sees a SIM other than one for the provider to which it is locked, it’s supposed to ask for an unlock code. Are you able to get that far? Has Republic Wireless by DISH provided you with the unlock code?

If Republic Wireless by DISH has not provided an unlock code, I suggest contacting DISH’s Executive Escalations Team. You may reach them via email at executivecustomerservice@dish.com.

3 Likes

Sounds like you do not have the correct unlock code. You’ll need to ask Republic Wireless for the correct code for your phone.

2 Likes

Hello

RW did give me an unlock code, but, I do not have the option to enter it, the unlock option does not respond to the tap, only the dismiss option responds.

Thanks for the reply

Jamie

1 Like

So you tap in the empty unlock PIN field (marked by red arrow) and the keyboard doesn’t pop up?

unlock

Hello

Correct, no where to enter the unlock pin (not even an option, no blank space), and the unlock option does not respond when pressed.

RW’s solution was for me to take it to a mom and pop store and maybe they could fix it.

Thanks

Jamie

Do you have some administrative restriction on the phone? Some antivirus or anti-malware app that would prevent unlocking? Are you logged into the phone as a normal user with administrative privileges?

1 Like

Hello

No malware, antivirus or the such, it’s pretty stock.

I will look into the admin side of it but I doubt it, I did just factory reset the phone, RW actually told me to take to a T Mobile and have them do it, long story but I called T Mob and it was like I though, they couldn’t do anything for me.

The phone does say “network locked”, scrolling across the top and in settings under “network and internet”, mobile network say’s “This SIM is disabled”.
The SIM is definitely installed correctly.

Software Channel say’s Dish Wireless??

Thanks for the time

Jamie

1 Like

Hello

Ok problem resolved. Device operator’s blunder, I finally came across the unlock pin entry box.

Thanks

Jamie

5 Likes