Weird Email from RW about Privacy and CPNI Information

Nobody in my entire family is named “Milton”.

Hi Milton (@muerte33) :slight_smile:

The CPNI email notification is an annual requirement. On mine, they actually got the name right but for whatever reason sent the notice to an email address attached to a no longer used account. I still have an active account using a different email address. So far, no notice there. For those who might not know, Republic accounts historically (pre-DISH) were never closed even if no active lines of service remained.

@muerte33,
Additional information can be found at this link to Republics published help articles on CPNI

fyi: I did not receive any notification, may be because I had previously restricted their use of my information

I got a second email that showed my correct name. I went and checked the setting to make sure it was still restricted, and it was unchanged (unchecked/blocked). I guess Milton needs to check his/her setting too.

Interesting, were both emails sent to the same email address?

I’ve received two of these e-mails today, one to each of two of my accounts. Neither salutation (Tim, Sandra) is the name of any person ever used on any of my accounts.

This makes me wonder who will get the email that begins, “Hi Southpaw,”

I hopped on here to comment on this exact issue. I have 2 accounts, and both salutations (Linda and Nicholas) are names that do not belong to anyone on my accounts. I initially thought it was an identity theft crisis, but I think these comments have me reassured that it’s not :). I never received a corrected second e-mail for either account.

Hi @Cheerbear,

As long as your account name hasn’t changed (check by logging in), I don’t think there has been any sort of security breach. I think someone just pulled the accounts in batches and got some of the data mismatched while configuring it for the e-mail processor.

It’s just a very good thing that no last names, phone numbers, or other more sensitive account information was included in these emails.

For those following along, just though I’d let you know they did send a follow-up email indicated the wrong name was cause by “an error in our systems.”

I am sure there is a Milton somewhere that appreciates RW looking after his privacy!

@southpaw said:
For those following along, just though I’d let you know they did send a follow-up email indicated the wrong name was cause by “an error in our systems.”

Yes, I received it. I see they took no chances with the person’s name this time. Just “Hello,:slight_smile:

I got those also.

Just today I finally got the corrected email from RW with my actual name on it. Woohoo!!!

Hi @herbie,

Mine were right on Feb 13, too, but I was forwarded one from that date from another customer whose name was wrong and the 2nd paragraph was full of question marks! :astonished: