Received urgent reminder text but nothing in my email from Republic or Boost Infinite

I got a text saying to check my email for a passcode, but there was nothing. Anyone else have the same trouble? Any suggestions on what to do about it?

2 Likes

Hi @WasatchRebel and welcome!

Sadly, email isn’t a perfect communications method. Since I’m happy to criticize DISH when I feel it’s warranted, I’ll give them credit for sending follow-up text messages.

Are you using a Republic 5.0 plan or a My Choice plan?

3 Likes

Recd a txt at about from RW 4pm EDT today, said I needed to update billing info for transition to BI. Well, I had set that all up on 8/16, following instructions in the email. Logged into the Transition acct after receiving txt, and billing info was indeed there. Called the phone number in the txt (RW support), and after 1 HOUR on hold, was told everything is in order, and that was just a GENERAL REMINDER text. Seriously, that’s NOT what the txt indicated. Anyway, am posting this for anyone reading while THEY ARE on hold. Exasperating…

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! We are on a 5.0 plan.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried to call the number as well and after 15 minutes decided my time was worth more than hanging around waiting.

1 Like

You have come to the right place, WasatchRebel.

Call 833-558-5820 … that is a good start, but we can help ‘a lot’ too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That is the number I called and gave up after 15 minutes on hold, but I will try again when I have more time to just sit there and wait. :grinning:

2 Likes

Received the same text today
Nothing in my email either
I already set up my account a couple days ago

1 Like

Well you tested their customer service and they didn’t pass… 1 hour? I’ll be getting off this ride very soon.

2 Likes

Hi @WasatchRebel,

You may read the content of the email you should have received here:

It’s a copy and paste of the email I received. Like you, I’m on a Republic 5.0 plan.

You will, however, need to follow-up with support to get the code necessary to sign into the transition website.

2 Likes

That is ‘not’ an issue I’ve had. In fact, I have been surprised at how ‘fast’ they have answered.
Maybe the ‘volume’ has increased, drastically.

1 Like

Hi @Imback,

I’m not sure from what you’ve written whether you accepted that answer?

I just want to be sure you (and others reading) don’t end up losing your number.

If…

• you are a current My Choice Republic Wireless customer and you have not taken action to get a new SIM card and activate it

or

• you are a current Republic Wireless 5.0 customer (plan names like “Only what you want”, “everything you need”, “everywhere you go”) and you have not taken action to add your billing information to a the Boost Infinite account

… then …
you are at risk of losing your number and the text message was indeed indicative of urgent action that needs to be taken.

If you have already taken this action, then the text message was due to the fact that Dish didn’t use the absolute latest list of “current Republic Wireless customers” when sending the text.

2 Likes

We have two phones on one 5.0 account. Logged in a few days after getting the E-mail and provided the requested items (basically credit card information). Used the primary phone number for this and didn’t even try logging in with the second phone number on the account. Both phone numbers were listed when we logged into the account, as expected. Called several days after that just to confirm and was told everything looks good and we’re all set for August migration scheduled to start tomorrow.

The confusing part – got the “Urgent Reminder” text on the second phone number. No text of any type on the primary phone number. Don’t plan to do anything until after the migration and we get a chance to verify both numbers migrated to the Boost Infinite account.

Hoping we fall under the last item – Dish did not use the absolute latest lost of current Republic Wireless customers. Time will tell :wink:

3 Likes

Southpaw, thanks for the follow-up questions.
I am an RW 5.0 customer (only what you need).
I rec’d the initial email with passcode a couple of weeks ago. Took the measures advised here to unlock phone.
Then on Wed 8/16, i followed the instructions in the RW/BI email (with passcode) to establish my transition account, providing credit card info and confirming EMAIL and BILLING ADDRESS . At the conclusion of that ‘transaction’ i received some sort of “successful” prompt.
Thought all was OK until i received the text yesterday (friday).
AFTER on hold with CSR for an hour yesterday, i was told there was no issue-- the text was a GENERAL BLANKET REMINDER TEXT for those who might not have seen, nor acted upon, initial email to “transition” their RW acct to BI.
SHOULD I BE WORRIED!?!!

2 Likes

No. It sounds like you’re all set. :+1:

I just wanted to make sure that anyone who had not already jumped through all the hoops as you have done did not misunderstand and think they could ignore the text and keep on keepin’ on with their current Republic service.

Now I need to get busy jumping through some hoops, myself :worried: !

2 Likes

It’s really more complicated than anyone would imagine to have the team that manages the databases pull a list of current customers, then filter that list against another list of “I already took this action” and then stop the clock until the separate team that is responsible for sending text messages gets a green light to send the text messages. (While yet another team changes their mind 100 times about exactly what words should be in the text message!)

So there were bound to be some people who had already taken action who would get the scary URGENT text message. It sounds like you’re in that group. And someone probably had to make a decision that pulling the database again at the last minute in order to filter out those people would delay things even more, and it was worth causing just a few panic attacks to try to get this message out.

It won’t surprise me if we see another URGENT text message before this is over.

And there will be some people who need to see it and think it looks exactly like a phishing scam :mm_hmm:, and ignore it. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Awww… Thanks for your reassurance and concern. If not for you, and OTHERS HERE, i would have no confidence in my (sure to be short-lived) transition to BI. Wishing us all the best of luck!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what happened to us. My wife has the primary phon number and didn’t get a message. I got it on my phone which is the secondary.

1 Like

Did they give any kind of “do it by this date” kind of information? I was going to wait to try again until Monday.

1 Like

Hi @WasatchRebel,

Members with 5.0 plans are being migrated in batches starting tomorrow 8/20/23. According to Republic’s email, all members will be migrated no later than 8/31/23. Presumably, those who’ve already provided payment information will be migrated first but no one here can say for sure because no one here works for Republic Wireless by DISH or Boost Infinite.

Real World Users (rwusers.com) was founded by members of Republic’s former online Community. We do our best to help but we do not control the involved companies’ actions.

5 Likes